July 23, 2011

New York Times: Out Here

For the last few months, the New York Times has been running a series of articles about daily life in different parts of the country in a feature called "Out Here". Last week I was commissioned to do illustrations for two stories in the series: one about an old fashioned gas station in St. Michaels, Maryland; and another about the life on the river in Lebanon, Missouri. (You can read the articles here, and here.) Thanks to Anne Leigh for the assignment! These stories were a lot of fun.
"Out Here" Lebanon, Missouri

"Out Here" St. Michaels, Maryland

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

These are great Chi! I can't tell you how many times I've floated down the Niangua. However, the article failed to depict women wearing WAY TOO LITTLE (unflattering) clothing and all the rocks that stick out of the very shallow riving forcing you to haul your drunken butt out of the boat and push it down the river! ha ha.

Jenn Bower said...

Nice work! Great assignments. I am floating my fanny down the New River in NC this weekend and Elizabeth is so right, but regardless I can't wait.